1. Don't fall. It will hurt!
2. Don't lean to far forward or backwards or you will
3. Stay on an edge, if you are flat you will catch an
edge and fall painfully on your butt or face depending
on which edge you catch.
4. When catching your fall make a fist and try not to
angle your wrist. If the wrist is angled injuries like
a sprained or broken wrists can occur. If your hand
is not balled into a fist a finger or fingers could
5. Wear padding. I recommend knee pads and wrist guards
6. Dress in clothes that are waterproof and will keep
7. Bend your knees but do not lock them.